Welcome. ♥

~ Petite Tomoyo ~

Frilly squishy Princess, forever a magical girl,
whimsical lost artist, mischievous but friendly witch...
Proud Lifestyle & Daily Lolita since the last decade.
Wishes she can live forever on tea and cake.
Keeping her eyes sparkling, making her soul blooming. *

Nice to meet you. ~
Welcome in my secret garden. ♥

Friday, September 29, 2017

Anime Review! ~ Nichijou!

Hello my sweet lemon muffins! ~

I'm back on my blog today with another anime review! I started to have a little more time on my hands since summer is over and I started watching anime more often again. :3 This time, I'm going to review the anime Nichijou. ~

Nichijou



Nichijou is an anime of a single season of 26 episodes. ~ I decided to watch it since my anime club have watched it in the past and also it was strongly recommended by some of my friends, so I gave it a try! ^w^

Story

Nichijou is a slice of life/school life anime. Like most of slice of life anime, there isn't really any continuous story or plot which doesn't bother me at all, I usually enjoy slice of life animes! :3 We just follow the adventures of a group of school friends doing not so ordinary things. ^w^'' There is a slight storyline but it isn't very defined or strict. It is supposed to be a funny and silly anime, but I didn't understand what was funny in some of the sketches sometimes and it was hard for me to enjoy them all. I smiled and laughed a some parts, but for a anime that is more on the comedy side, I was expecting to laugh a little bit more. ^w^''

Art

I liked the art style and the animation, none of it would bother me which is always a plus for any anime considering I'm very picky. ^w^'' The characters, backgrounds and animations were made to be simple but also visually appealing too. The animations are sometimes in a different drawing style to add more emphasis of some parts of the story or to add humor sometimes.

Sound

I liked the background music and the voices of the characters, none of them seemed annoying to me. But I think they weren't different enough from characters to characters, they didn't seem to have the same voice actors for most of the characters so that bothered me that they would sound so similar. I also really hated the openings and the endings, the openings songs were too loud/crazy to me, and the ending songs were way too calm compared to the openings. ~w~''

Characters

This is where this anime have lost the most points and interest with me. I found that, even after several episodes, it was hard to differentiate the characters from each other, especially the girls. I could understand they were different and have different personalities, but with the exception of very obvious ones that are either a robot or very younger I couldn't differentiate them at all. It was hard for me to have a grasp of their personalities and quirks. It made some parts of the anime difficult to enjoy for me. ;w;

Enjoyment

Nichijou gets a kind of mixed review from me. As much as I enjoyed the art and the slight storyline through the anime, it was hard to enjoy it to it's true potential because of the characters which ended up seeming all the same to me. ;w; I would get bored sometimes because I didn't enjoy every sketch through the anime. I found that they probably could have kept this anime under 13 episodes, after the 16 or 17th episode I stated to get bored and done with it. ^w^'' But the ending episodes were kind of worth it after all. ~


Overall I give Nichijou a rating of 6 out of 10!

Until next time my blue raspberry lollipops! :3

No comments:

Post a Comment