Welcome. ♥

~ Petite Tomoyo ~

Frilly squishy Princess, forever a magical girl,
whimsical lost artist, mischievous but friendly witch...
Proud Lifestyle & Daily Lolita since the last decade.
Wishes she can live forever on tea and cake.
Keeping her eyes sparkling, making her soul blooming. *

Nice to meet you. ~
Welcome in my secret garden. ♥

Friday, May 31, 2019

Tokyo Treat Box Review! ~ May 2019!

Hello my yummy banana ice cream cones! ^w^

I'm back on my blog today to share with you my review of this month's Tokyo Treat Box! ~ It's been such a long time since I haven't had Japanese snacks and I missed it too much so I got the box from this month! :3

The theme this month was Tutti Fruity so the snacks were mostly themed around fruits! ~ I got the box last week and I tried it out last weekend with the Prince! ^w^


Here is everything we got for this month! :3 I was very excited to try some of them hehe! ~

I wrote my little review of the taste and my first impressions as I was trying the snacks. :3

~ Ginbis Matcha Chocolate Corn Puffs ~


I think I already received these in a regular chocolate flavour before. The flavour of the chocolate matcha isn’t too sweet, it have a slight corn flavour to it too! It’s kind of sweet and salty. The matcha isn’t overpowering or too bitter. The chocolate was also very creamy! :3

~ Strawberry Mochi ~


The Prince and I loooove mochi! And this one was so soft and pretty sweet for a Japanese snack! The taste of the strawberry was a bit artificial but it wasn’t too strong of a taste. Also, the packaging was super cute! ^^

~ Dotaro Crispy Flakes ~


This one tasted a bit like dry ramens and it kind of had the same texture. It have a curry flavour which It isn’t too salty but the savoury spice flavour is kind of strong. They recommend that you put it in your udon or other noodle dishes and I can understand why.

~ Cherry Mochi ~


I loved the cute clear and simple packaging and it opened like a little book. ^^ I wasn’t expecting it to have that texture, it’s a bit more hard then regular mochi. It remind me of the texture of a chewing gum almost? It was a little less sweet than the strawberry mochi and the cherry flavour is very faint.

~ Tohato Caramel Corn Puffs ~


I looooove caramel corn! It’s a sweet and salty snack that taste like savoury popcorn dipped in caramel. :3 It have a puffy texture and it’s just so good! XD It’s one of my favourite Japanese snacks honestly. :3 I’m glad that I got to enjoy it more than one time because when I usually open a regular sized pack I eat it all in one sitting, oops! ^w^’’

~ Sakura Japanese Sake KitKats ~


I already tasted the regular sake one but not the sakura sake one. :3 I believe it’s limited edition for this spring too! When we opened the big package, it smelled SO strongly like sake… XD It really tasted like a mix of sake and very strong cherry blossom flavour. It was really a unique flavour and since there is 12 in the box I can share it with my friends huhu. ^^

~ Ginza Rusk Pink Strawberry Biscuits ~


I wasn’t expecting that texture at all! It was like a hard small biscuit and the strawberry chocolate was almost all melted inside of it! It have a yummy sweet strawberry flavour that is not overpowering. The aftertaste is a bit buttery, like a very yummy butter cookie. :3 I loved it a lot! ~

~ Fanta Yogurt Banana Mix ~


It smelled like the banana medicine that I used to take when I was younger… XD It doesn’t taste as strong as it smells though. The flavour combination is a bit weird but it wasn’t bad… XD There isn’t as much bubbles as the soda we’ve got here. It isn’t very sweet and the flavour is a lot more faint than I thought.

~ Hello Kitty Strawberry Lollipop ~


The packaging… is SO CUTE! XD The strawberry flavour is so yummy, it taste a bit like a cotton candy flavoured strawberry? It isn’t super sweet but it was very yummy anyway. ^^

~ Chobo Chobo Cookies ~


I love the cute little dog on the packaging. ;o; The smell was like a little vanilla cake! It was a very light and crunchy cookie with a little soft vanilla and sweet touch. I would really enjoy those with a simple black tea. ^^

~ New Mochitaro Puffs ~


I looked a bit like konpeito and the taste was a bit salty, kind of oily and « fried ». XD I think that it tasted a bit like chicken spices? It wasn’t too bad but it felt like I was eating fried chicken skin and I didn’t like that? XD;

~ Sugar Rusk Umai Bar ~


It tasted a bit weird… Sweet and salty. It had a strong buttery flavour. It wasn’t as sweet as I thought, the flavour suprised me a bit… I was expecting it to be much more sweeter with that name. ^^’’ But it was quite good. ~

~ Calbee Lightly Salted Chips ~


It… tasted like regular potato chips. XD Except that I think that the potato was tasting a bit stronger than what I am used to. But overall it was just regular potato chips. XD;

~ Strawberry Soft Cream DIY Snack ~




Just put the powder in the container and mix it with water! ^w^


This one was fun to make and super easy! But the texture was a bit weird and it tasted VERY sour/tart. XD; The smell was good and kind of sweet but not the taste haha. XD It least we had the little waffle cone to balance the sourness but the foamy part wasn’t good at all. ^^’’

I usually do my top 3 snacks of the box but it was so hard to pick only 3 this time that I decided to do a top 5! ^w^

Tomoyo's Top 5!

~ Tohato Caramel Corn Puffs
~ Ginza Rusk Pink Strawberry Biscuits
~ Strawberry Mochi
~ Sugar Rusk Umai Bar
~ Sakura Japanese Sake KitKats

I was so happy to have some Japanese snacks again, I really missed it and I always enjoy receiving a Tokyo Treat Box whenever I have the budget to treat (hehehehe) myself with one! XD;

Until next time my precious bubbly cotton candy puppies, take care! :3

No comments:

Post a Comment