Welcome. ♥

~ Petite Tomoyo ~

Frilly squishy Princess, forever a magical girl,
whimsical lost artist, mischievous but friendly witch...
Proud Lifestyle & Daily Lolita since the last decade.
Wishes she can live forever on tea and cake.
Keeping her eyes sparkling, making her soul blooming. *

Nice to meet you. ~
Welcome in my secret garden. ♥

Saturday, August 24, 2019

10 Years of Lolita Lifestyle ~ Q & A!

Hello my lovely puffy clouds! :3

I'm back on my blog today with the (probably long awaited! XD) Lolita lifestyle Q&A! ^w^

As I mentioned in one of my blog posts earlier this month, August this year is the month where I celebrate my 10th year as a daily and lifestyle Lolita! :3 So for the occasion I decided to throw a little Lolita Lifestyle Q&A! ~

I asked people for questions on Instagram and Facebook and I received quite a bit of questions that were pretty interesting so I am very excited to answer them for you! ^w^

So, without further ado let's start! :3

What is the value that you consider the most important that you developed because of Lolita fashion?

Honestly, I think it would be kindness. ~ Lolita fashion and especially the lifestyle made me change my mind to see the beauty in every person and the "good" in everyone and every situation and I think it makes me the strong person I am today. :3

How do you survive the crippling heat with those sweet layers of clothes?


I kind of did a blog post about it last year! (Click here!) But as for more personal tips; I limit my outfits to a single layer of clothes (skirt/blouse or an OP) on hotter days. I wear my hair in pigtails so that they don't cover my neck. I try my best to stay hydrated when I know I'm going to be outside. I try to stay inside air-conditioned buildings or in the shade when I am out. Finally, I also make sure to give myself plenty of "off-times" when I don't wear the fashion on hotter days (I change to lighter clothes/no petticoat when I am back at home and/or I'll only wear the fashion when I am out).


Your best Lolita experience?

I would say the first "bigger" Lolita meetup I organized in my city two years ago! ~ I never imagined I could have such a flourishing Lolita community locally and in my mind we could never have a local Lolita community with more than 3 or 4 members at best (and I would have been happy with that!) but we were like 7 and 6 of us were wearing amazing Lolita/Ouji/EGL outfits and I was so baffled and proud of me for listening to my inner voice and starting the community here! :3 I think it's still one of the best days of my life and I feel very grateful about my local community everyday! ^w^


What is your favourite type of accessory?

Head eating giant headbows! XD; I love them and how they became kind of my "trademark" in my Lolita outfits back in the days! :3 I also really like wearing wristcuffs, I think that they are the most "Lolita like" accessory to me. ~


What would you say to people that think that they don’t have enough confidence to try Lolita fashion?

I personally liked myself way more in Lolita clothes than in my "normal" clothes at the time when I started the fashion so the clothes only gave me a huge confidence boost and I didn't feel self-conscious about them. So the biggest advice I can give is to fake it until you make it. Be ready to affirm your style, your choices and what you love about them! Life is too short to hide behind clothes you don't like! :3


How you first started Lolita and what is the first piece you got?

I discovered the fashion when I was searching out for victorian dresses inspiration for my prom dress and I came across Mana-sama wearing Gothic Lolita so I designed a dress inspired by the fashion and I had it custom made for me by a local tailor for my prom! ^w^ When I tried on my dress I felt like I was the most beautiful girl in the world and I decided to I wouldn't let any other clothes make me feel otherwise. So during the summer I scavenged the closet of my grandmothers for Loliable blouses and I handmade a couple of skirts (which were more Otome than Lolita) but I felt so happy and accomplished and I never looked back. XD;


As for my first piece I got, it was this headdress by In The Starlight that I got along my first petticoat and a couple of pair of bloomers.


For the main pieces, it was that pink OP by Anna House along with that black and white skirt (and I think I also got bloomers and/or socks from that order, I don't remember exactly ^w^'').

What do you think of online communities?

Personally, I think that they can be sometimes a bit toxic if you are someone (like I used to be) that can take things to heart. (Well, I still do but nowadays it's easier for me just ignore what I don't like or what I don't agree with and to walk to the beat of my own drum.) I think that they can be useful for inspiration and ressources but be sure you have a thick skin if you want to post or share online.


What lolita themes, colour schemes or accessories do you keep coming back to?

My closet is pretty cohesive so I have minimal themes to chose from (it's also easier for me to plan outfits XD). But I think stars and sweets are the themes that I tend to wear the most. ~ As for the colour schemes, I'll always be more drawn to the typical White x Pink or Pink x Lilac colour scheme for my Sweet Lolita outfits but I liked to experiment more with creative and unusual colour schemes in the past years! ^w^ (As for accessories I already answered a similar question earlier. :3)

What are your favourite ways of expressing the Lolita lifestyle?

Definitely having tea and tea parties! ^w^ I love my little morning or evening tea ritual. ~ I also like going out for picnics, visiting museums, art galleries or historical places. :3 I also like to host events for my Lolita community and blogging about the fashion and my lifestyle! :3 Baking and cooking are also a very important part of my Lolita lifestyle too! ~ Finally, playing Lolita-ish games like Style Savvy and watching magical girl animes really makes me feel more lifestyle Lolita. ^w^


In being dedicated daily to your style, is there some things that you find harder to keep up with?

Laundry... XD; And keeping my clothes in good shape also. ^w^'' I often forget to wash stains on my clothes as they are fresh so I have to take care of them weeks later and I feel bad about it. XD; I also tend to forget to sew back on loose bows or buttons so some of my pieces will get unused for months until I remember to take care of that. ^w^''


How did the fashion change during the last 10 years (trends, communities, etc…)

I also did a Lolita Blog Carnival about this topic last year (and it haven't really changed much since that time) so I'll refer you to my old blog post, hehe. (Click here!)

Tell us about your local community!

Well, they are one of the most precious things in the world for me honestly. ^w^'' I've seen them progress through the years and improve their style and coordinating skills and I always feel so proud of them and what they are becoming. :3 I like the fact that we are all friends and we get along pretty well. ~ We always have a lot of fun during our activities and I couldn't wish for a more perfect local Lolita and Ouji squad! XD;


What did the Lolita lifestyle brought you?

Lots of self-confidence and affirmation. ~ A way of seeing the world with a different sight each day and the power to create happiness and beautiful moments from the most simple and trivial things. I feel like it helped me to find my core values as a person and something I can strive and protect. It gives me a reason to wake up in the morning and to never give up no matter how hard life can be sometimes. ~ If I may say so, it's probably the reason I am still there today. ;3;


Did you had to give up things (to become a lifestyle Lolita)? Do you regret it?

Well, I obviously had to give up on having a regular "grown up and mature" lifestyle I must say. XD; (But to be fair, I never was attracted by that kind of thing in the first place...) I knew that I wanted to wear the fashion daily so I had to find a field of study and a job that would allow me to dress exactly how I wanted. ^w^'' But I don't regret it the slightest; becoming a lifestyle Lolita is one of the things I am the most proud about in my life and it kind of became my identity at that point and I couldn't be happier with it! ^w^

I hope that this little Q&A have answered the questions you may have about being a daily and lifestyle Lolita. :3

Until next time my cuddly bear plushies, take cake! ~

No comments:

Post a Comment