Welcome. ♥

~ Petite Tomoyo ~

Frilly squishy Princess, forever a magical girl,
whimsical lost artist, mischievous but friendly witch...
Proud Lifestyle & Daily Lolita since the last decade.
Wishes she can live forever on tea and cake.
Keeping her eyes sparkling, making her soul blooming. *

Nice to meet you. ~
Welcome in my secret garden. ♥

Friday, June 29, 2018

Lolita Blog Carnival! ~ 5 Ways to Beat the Heat in Lolita Fashion!

Hello my pretty sparkly rays of sunshine! :3

After a very long while without joining one, I decided to participate in another Lolita Blog Carnival this week! ^w^ The subject for this week was...

5 Ways to Beat the Heat in Lolita Fashion!

I don't live in a place where it gets unbearably hot in the summer and I have a pretty high tolerance to heat itself (but let's not talk about sunlight XD). I don't know how much my tips will be helpful... ^w^'' But I decided to share them anyway. :3

1. Keep your clothes to a single layer only

My number one tip from when it's really hot outside is to keep your clothes to a single layer only. Wear only an OP or a skirt and blouse or cutsew combo. It may go without saying that the less layers you will have on your body, the cooler you will feel! ^w^ If you may wear a jumperskirt, chose a bolero or light cardigan over a blouse to cover your shoulders. ~

2. Ditch the wigs and favorise updos and braids hairstyles

Wearing wigs makes me feel hot even in the middle of winter so I can't imagine how uncomfortable it must be to wear one in summer. ^w^'' (That's pretty much why I don't wear wigs... XD) Also, for your hairstyle if you have longer hair you may prefer doing updos or braids, anything to free your neck from your hair so you are cooler. :3

3. Chose breathable fabrics

I also always favorise light cotton and chiffon fabrics in the summer. They are more breathable and it will be more comfortable outside in the heat. Avoid fabrics like wool, velvet and corduroy which doesn't make the air circulate as much. ~

4. Wear hats and/or carry a parasol

Direct sunlight on your head on a very hot day can make you feel more hot than necessary, so I would suggest wearing a straw hat or boater hat with your coordinate. (It's time to get out your Country Lolita outfits and flower prints!) If a hat isn't suitable for your outfit and you know you are going to be outside for a long time, I would suggest carrying around a parasol. They really do make a difference since you will always have your little spot of shade to keep you cooler! ~

5. Protect your skin from the sun and stay hydrated

This tip may be a more personal one that others, but I always find myself cooler when my skin isn't directly exposed to the sunlight. I have very sensitive skin and it gets worse under the sun so I always make sure to protect my arms, legs and face from the sun. I usually chose long sleeves over short sleeves in the summer so my arms can be covered and I carry around a pair of gloves to wear outside. Also, make sure you are wearing sunblock (which is more efficient than sunscreen because it block the sunrays instead of only treating your skin to protect it). Finally, don't forget to stay hydrated, bring a bottle of water or iced tea with you whenever you are out! ~

So that was my little tips on how to beat the heat in Lolita fashion! I hope you enjoyed reading it and they maybe you learned something? ^w^


Before you go, please take a look at the other blogs that have participated in this week's Lolita Blog Carnival and show them some love! ^w^


Until next time my sugary lemon drops! ~

No comments:

Post a Comment