Welcome. ♥

~ Petite Tomoyo ~

Frilly squishy Princess, forever a magical girl,
whimsical lost artist, mischievous but friendly witch...
Proud Lifestyle & Daily Lolita since the last decade.
Wishes she can live forever on tea and cake.
Keeping her eyes sparkling, making her soul blooming. *

Nice to meet you. ~
Welcome in my secret garden. ♥

Friday, March 24, 2017

Tokyo Treat Box Review! ~ March 2017!

Hello my cute sakura flowers!

Today I decided to write a review about the treats I received in my Tokyo Treat March box! The theme was sakura and matcha. ^w^ I usually love sakura flavoured things and I have a love/hate relationship with matcha flavours so I was excited to try this box! :3


Here is everything I received! I got the premium box which is the biggest one of all, they include a drink and a DIY candy kit in these. They have a little booklet that explains the snacks and have little articles inside, pictures to help you make the DIY candies etc... They also send you a small gift that isn't a snack too!


Here is the small gift that I received! It's two pairs of cute sakura themed chopsticks. ~ I was so happy because my Prince didn't have his own pair of chopsticks yet so now we will have matching ones, yay! ^w^

I'll do a review of each snacks one by one. I've written the review as I was trying them so it was fresh in my mind! :3


Harvest Rich Matcha Chocolate Sandwich

It smelled very strongly of matcha at first, the smell was almost a little bit bitter. XD; The biscuits are mostly sweet (not the overly sugary kind of sweet though) with a creamy matcha chocolate filling inside. It leaved a little bit of a bitter aftertaste in my mouth. ^^''


Dars Uji Matcha Flavour

It looked like very fancy chocolate. ~ It tasted like milk chocolate with matcha flavoured chocolate inside. The matcha chocolate wasn't sweet at all (unlike the milk chocolate), it was mostly bitter... But it tasted kinda fancy? XD;


Pie No Mi - Green Tea Flavour

It was very yummy and very flaky! The taste of matcha isn't that strong, it's more of a sweet flavour... Probably the most sweet of the matcha treats! The filling was super creamy and delicious. :3


Sakura Sakuranbo Royal Milk Tea

I only had milk tea once and it was very delicious. However it was the regular kind... This one is super yummy and refreshing! I was hoping it to be a little more creamy than it was... It tasted a lot like cold milk tea, the cherry flavour is very natural and not that strong. I liked the little bittery aftertaste of the tea. ~


Pickled Sakura Daikon

The taste of vinegar is VEEERRRYYY strong... I didn't like that one at all... The daikon did stay very crunchy, which I was suprised about... But it doesn't taste that good on it's own... Maybe with a meal? I didn't really taste the sakura at all though...


Strawberry Cotton Candy

It tasted much more natural than the cotton candy we've got here! The strawberry tastes was very yummy, it wasn't too sweet and it didn't taste artificial at all. ~


Sakura Konpeito Candy

It's some very small and cute pink and white konpeito candy. ~ However the taste of sakura was very faint, I almost couldn't taste it at all... I feel like all the konpeito candies taste the same to me, even if they are supposed to be different flavours. XD;


Sequoia Chocolate - Matcha Green Tea Flavour

This one was very bitter at first, but it turned out a little bit sweet as the chocolate melted! I liked the crunchy texture of the waffle. ~


Tirol Choco - Sakura Mochi

The inside of the chocolate have the same texture as mochi! The chocolate is not very sweet at all and it tasted a lot like sakura. The mochi filling did taste like traditionnal mochi with the sweet red bean paste and all. ~ It was a very surprising taste and texture, probably the most "special" one of the bunch!


Cola Diamond Ring

Look a lot like the ones we've got here! It's kind of the same size and design than the ones you can get here in canada. I really love cola flavoured candies so I was happy to taste that one. It tasted a lot like the cola candy from here, maybe a little bit less sweet and less artificial.


Animal Land Gummi - Grape

It was a very genuine taste of grape! It wasn't too sweet too... It tasted more like grape flavoured natural juice than the grape flavoured candies we've got here.


Peach Caramel Corn

Caramel corn is my absolute WEAKNESS! These ones are pretty, white and pink. ~ They smelled like pop corn with butter and a little bit like ripe sugary peaches! It tasted like a mix of salty and sweet, I didn't tasted the peach a lot... I feel like these ones tasted a lot like the white chocolate ones I've got to try in my December box, maybe a little more sugary? It took me all my willingness to not finish the bag in one sitting and leave some for the Prince. XD;


Poteco Delicious Salt

It did smell a LOT like Mc Donald's fries? XD; These ones tasted a lot like real potatoes... like the most realest of the potatoes ever. XD; They didn't have a particular flavour, just salt... Kinda boring but they were tasty!


Sakura Saku Latte Candy

I started with the café latté one, it tasted like a yummy sugary and creamy coffee! It's not strong, it have a more sugary and milky flavour. The strawberry one didn't taste too sweet, a little bit sour, almost like a real strawberry. It had a little faintly milk flavour to it but less than the coffee one. The banana have a very genuine banana taste, it was the sweetest one of the bunch! It doesn't tasted the same as the artificial banana candy we've got here! The green tea one wasn't so bitter, it tasted more milky and a little bit like almonds? However it wasn't very sweet at all.


Waku Waku Animal Soft Candy DIY

I didn't taste or open this DIY! Simply because I still have the DIY from the February Tokyo Treat box too and I wanted to make a blog post with the making of these DIY candies! So stay tuned for it! ^w^

Overall I really enjoyed the Tokyo Treat box from this month! I liked to taste the different treats, even if there were some I didn't like as much. XD; I'm looking forward ordering another one as they are always filled with nice surprises and make me discover new candies! :3

Until next time my little matcha flavoured kitties! ~


xox ~ Petite Tomoyo ✿

1 comment:

  1. Je suis d'accord avec toi sur la plupart des commentaires, mais le Dars Uji Matcha Flavour, le Tirol Choco - Sakura Mochi et le Sequoia Chocolate étaient mes préférés! Et les Poteco Delicious Salt sentent et goûtent réellement les frites McDo XD

    ReplyDelete