Welcome. ♥

~ Petite Tomoyo ~

Frilly squishy Princess, forever a magical girl,
whimsical lost artist, mischievous but friendly witch...
Proud Lifestyle & Daily Lolita since the last decade.
Wishes she can live forever on tea and cake.
Keeping her eyes sparkling, making her soul blooming. *

Nice to meet you. ~
Welcome in my secret garden. ♥

Friday, September 21, 2018

Lolita Blog Carnival! ~ What Is One Piece That You Could Never Give Away & Why?

Hello my precious dark purple jewels! ~

I'm back on my blog today with a Lolita Blog Carnival post! I haven't done these in a while! ^w^ But this week's subject was very interesting to me and I really wanted to share it on my blog. ~

What Is One Piece That You Could Never Give Away & Why?

I thought for a long while about this subject and how I could chose only one piece of clothing... As you may know, I am not the kind of Lolita that usually give away or sells any of her pieces, especially her main pieces. I've done so a few times with more Otome or Fairy-Kei pieces or ones that I received that truly didn't fit me right, but overall I never gave away a single piece of clothing of my Lolita life.

I feel like everytime I buy a new piece for my closet, it's like a missing piece of a giant puzzle I've been looking for years. It may seem a bit weird or exaggerated, but I truly connect with each and every one of my pieces and all of them hold so many dear memories to me. I look at the worn out lace, the buttons that I had to sew back a hundred times, the necklaces I had to mend and the bows I had to tie back and it gives me that sense of accomplishment. I feel that way because I know that by wearing those pieces I am doing the right thing. ~

I've always said that my first piece of official Lolita clothing was my pink Anna House OP that I got at the beginning of 2010, maybe because saying it's an OP is more "glamorous" and because it seems more important because it's a main piece... But along with that OP I also got a black and white polka dots skirt too.


I remember back in my early Lolita days that I always wanted to do a nice black and white coordinate with that skirt, it was probably one of my first Lolita goals that I haven't truly tell to anyone. I also got a white blouse with black details just to complete that perfect outfit idea I had in my mind.

It's so silly, because this skirt and that blouse doesn't go with anything else in my closet. (It's probably my biggest beginner Lolita mistake, honestly.) But I knew that I got them with that perfect outfit in mind, and when I wore it for the first time, I felt so accomplished. ~ I finally felt worthy of being a Lolita and to start my Lolita life.

Even if that skirt (and that blouse) doesn't mix and match with anything in my closet, even if it's a bit on the shorter side and I can't wear it with one of my proper petticoats, even if I haven't worn that skirt in over 5 years and it just sits there... I don't think I could ever, ever give it away!

I might want to wear it tomorrow, who knows...?


Please, take a look and show some love to the other blogs that participated in this week's Lolita Blog Carnival!


Until next time my fluffy puffy clouds, take care! ~

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I used to have that same skirt. I ended up trading it with someone for a pair of shoes instead since it was too short for me. I remember the quality being really good with soft lace and ribbons. I'm sure it would make for a great casual piece. Maybe you could pair it with tights and a cute sweater for fall?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love the lace on that skirt, it's really lovely! Even if it's not my usual colour scheme anymore, I really want to wear it out soon! ^^ I also got a cute black and white necklace recently that I could pair it with too! ~

      Delete
  2. I'm exactly the same way and find it difficult to send things off but I do it when there is a fit issue, it's totally understanding even if it's a little heartbreaking if it's a piece that was coveted.

    ReplyDelete