Welcome. ♥

~ Petite Tomoyo ~

Frilly squishy Princess, forever a magical girl,
whimsical lost artist, mischievous but friendly witch...
Proud Lifestyle & Daily Lolita since the last decade.
Wishes she can live forever on tea and cake.
Keeping her eyes sparkling, making her soul blooming. *

Nice to meet you. ~
Welcome in my secret garden. ♥

Thursday, February 1, 2018

On self-care, mental health and not so sparkly things...

Hello my cute fluffy lemon scented bunnies. ~

Today, I wanted to talk about something I don't usually tend to mention on this blog. I try to keep this blog more towards the positive and cheerful side of things in my life. However, I think that I wanted to open my heart today, sometimes you just want to be honest and true to yourself and to others.

I've been struggling a lot with my mental health and self-care lately. However I don't want to make anyone worried, I am fine on most days! But sometimes you got to get trough a rough path once in a while...

I don't know how I want to take this blog post to, but I just wanted to share some genuine thoughts that have been on my mind lately and maybe it will help me and help others too?

I always find myself wearing the most colourful, silly, playful and over the top outfits on the days that I feel the most sad, unsure and not so confident about myself. Maybe it's a way of building a little happiness bubble around me just so the darkness in my heart won't be as dark anymore. Maybe it's a way of building my own armor to battle the day ahead, to get ready to fight against the awful, sad and hurtful things life can get in my way... That way, life won't be as hard anymore, it always helped me cope, a lot.

On days like this, I always make sure that I am surrounded by such overwhelming happy and sweet things. I will gather my most precious plushies, put on some happy music, have some meals that I enjoy the most and at least two servings of dessert! ^w^

But on some days, that isn't enough... I just want to say that it's okay to ask for help sometimes, even for the most trivial things like cooking yourself a meal, getting errands done or just getting out of bed on some days.

It's okay to cry, it's okay to feel sad, it's okay to talk about these things that makes you sad, it's okay to ask for help. There are many people out there that care about you. There are people out there who want to help you get better and be happy, they want to bring a smile on your face! Don't forget that it always gets better.

Life's simple pleasures are hard to see sometimes when your heart and soul are surrounded with dark and negative emotions, but they are there, I promise! The the genuine long hugs, the smile on your friends faces when they see you, the warm sunshine embrace, the sweetness of a perfectly infused cup of tea, the smell of spring flowers. They are there, and they are all there for you to enjoy!

Don't be afraid to celebrate yourself! Celebrate each day like it's your birthday! Have that extra whipped cream on your hot chocolate, use that special overpriced bath bomb, wear that lovely dress to the grocery store, put on the perfume you save only for special occasions! Make every single day your special occasion, and really mean it! ~

I just want to send you all some positive thoughts. I want to let you know that it will be okay and it will get better. Don't be afraid to speak up and ask for help, people are here for you and I am here for you... <3

Until next time my sweet cuddly kittens, take care of yourself. ~

No comments:

Post a Comment