Welcome. ♥

~ Petite Tomoyo ~

Frilly squishy Princess, forever a magical girl,
whimsical lost artist, mischievous but friendly witch...
Proud Lifestyle & Daily Lolita since the last decade.
Wishes she can live forever on tea and cake.
Keeping her eyes sparkling, making her soul blooming. *

Nice to meet you. ~
Welcome in my secret garden. ♥

Monday, June 8, 2020

Colourpop Makeup Review! ~

Hello my soft lilac pony manes! :3

I'm back on my blog today with another makeup review, this time from Colourpop! ^^;

I know I am doing quite a lot of makeup/beauty products reviews lately but that's because it's one of my personnal interests I am the most into right now and I just really want to share my new purchases and my happiness with you! ~


So here is what I got; Three eyeshadow palettes, one lipstick and one highlighter! ~

I placed my order on March 26th and I received it on May 29th. I did receive a confirmation email when I placed my order but I didn't receive any confirmation that my order was shipped though. I don't know if it's always like this or it's because of the pandemic but I thought it was worth to mention.

Also, please keep in mind that I am very much a beginner when it comes to experimenting with makeup! Even if I wear makeup pretty much everyday since my early teens I've only been recently trying new colours, products and brands! I'm reviewing the products based on the best of my knowledge but I hope it can be useful anyway! :3

Let's start with the lipstick! ^w^

~ Lippie Stix Lipstick ~



I got it in the colour "I Heart This Lippie" and it was 7$ USD. ~

I think that with Colourpop since it's so affordable, they don't put as much emphasis on the packaging of their products. It's pretty simple and it does the job but it feels kind of cheap and it's not very much aesthetically pleasing... XD;

The colour is very opaque and pigmented; it doesn't appear patchy on the lips at all and it's very full coverage. There's a good colour payoff with only one swipe. It's a very low effort lipstick, you don't have to swipe it several times to get the colour to be even. However it's not very much buildable as a colour; you can't really tone the colour down by applying less product, it's either 100% opaque or you get nothing on your lips... XD; It's good for people who like bright colours that are as flashy as they appear in the tube. It lasted me through my work shift without really fading and it lasted longer than the average lipstick where you can just swipe it off. It wasn't difficult to remove though and you could try to wipe it off without makeup remover and it would be a bit difficult but doable.

I also thought when I first applied it that the formula was a bit drying on the lips... I fixed that by applying a chapstick beforehand and I didn't had a problem with how it felt on my lips but the product was still feeling dry by itself though and because of that it's a bit hard to apply for me as it's not very smooth to apply.

~ Pros ~

~ Good colour payoff, very pigmented
~ Last longer than the average lipstick I am used to

~ Cons ~

~ Not buildable as a colour
~ A bit drying on the lips, the product feels very dry

Now, the highlighter. ~

~ Super Shock Highlighter ~



I got the highlighter in the colour "Spellbound" for 8$ USD! ~

Firstly, I love the colour!! It's a bit more pinkish than I thought it would be from the pictures on the website but they don't have any swatches of their highlighters, at least not that I noticed?

The formula is a bit weird to get used to, their "super shock" line is a bit creamy and spongy, it's hard to describe the texture and it's one that I've never seen before in makeup. They suggest that you apply it with your fingers and that's what I did! It does feels quite light but a bit oily at the same time... I would not recommend the formula if you have a very oily skin or if you tend to sweat a lot. The colour payoff is nice and it's very buildable as a product. I found that if you "tap" your fingers you get a bit more payoff than if you "swipe" it. Each application process worked for me and it's good for different purposes or looks. ~ The product is very glittery and appear more pink until it catches the light, when it does it's more like a rose-gold/white glow!

Out of all the products I got from Colourpop, I think it's the one that doesn't last as long. I don't know if it's because of the formula, maybe I'm sweating too much but I find that the colour/glitter does fade out after a couple hours of wear, sadly... ;w;

I've used it as a cheek highlight, almost like a blush on the highest points of my cheeks since it's a bit rosy and I liked the effect. ~ I also like using it across my nose bridge perpendicular to it so it looks like a soft blushy highlight? XD; I don't know if that's really how you are supposed to use highlighter but I like how it looks on me so that's how I'm gonna keep using it I guess... XD;

~ Pros ~

~ Very nice colour, duo chromatic shimmers and great amount of glitters
~ Buildable, good for different looks/feels

~ Cons ~

~ Formula is a bit weird to get used to
~ Feels a bit oily on the face
~ Not very long lasting product

Now onto the eyeshadow palettes! ^^; I'm going to review the colour/shades individually and then the eyeshadows/formula as a whole. ~

~ Eyeshadow Palettes ~

I got the palettes for 12$ USD each.

~ Ooh La La ~


I thought I wouldn't use most of the more "muted" and darker shades life Soft Core, Trove and Caddy but honestly after experimenting with this palette I love all of them! ^^'' Big Sugar along with Moon Struck as a highlight have been my signature pink eye look since I got the palette! XD The shades are super wearable and they are really nice for both daily and more glam looks. ~

~ Lilac You A Lot ~


Again, I was prepared to sulk the more muted shades for this palette but I found them useful as an "under eye" colour, for when you need something that is still pigmented but not too flashy. ^^; I love the colour Imagine That for this and I can't wait to use Iffy and Filtered for a good purple Gothic Lolita look! :3

~ Blue Moon ~

    

I really thought I wouldn't use most of this palette and I was getting it mostly to dupe my blue eyeshadow from Yves Rocher (the colours Moonlite and Starry Eyed were close to it) but I tried to make a light to dark blue look the other day with Fine China and Starry Eyed and I really liked it! It doesn't appear as dark as on the swatch and it's very wearable even along pastel shades for me! ^^; I also made a look with Tide Pool on my friend Mason when I got the palette and it's such a fun colour with a nice finish, I really want to use it soon! *v*


Overall, all the shades from the eyeshadow palettes are very pigmented, much more than my Yves Rocher singles eyeshadows or the Little Twin Stars palette from Sugarpill!

At first when I did my first makeup look I thought that the colours were almost too pigmented and not buildable but it was because I clearly used too much product for the look I was going for... ^^'' A little really goes a long way and even if the pan sizes appear small, you don't need a lot of product to achieve a nice colour payoff. All you need is just one swipe and one coat and the colour is almost as it appear in the pan, it's awesome! ^^; The only one that I found a little less pigmented was the lilac one and you can kind of tell from my swatches that the colours are more sheer/pastel but even with that they are still more pigmented than my Yves Rocher eyeshadows.

Also there are pretty much no fallouts, the product feels nice and light on my eyes even if I am wearing 2-3 eyeshadow colours + an highlight up to my brows... XD; It's also been holding up pretty well through the day and the colours stay vibrant! ~

Seriously, for 12$ each palette it's pretty much the best product I even got the chance to try. Even if it appears that you don't get a lot of product, I don't really mind re-buying palettes like this each time I run out. XD; The colours also nicely work together to create complete and more complex eye looks, I really love it! :3

~ Pros ~

~ Very pigmented, nice colour payoff and a little goes a long way
~ Each of the shades in the palettes nicely work together
~ Quite long lasting

~ Cons ~

~ Pan sizes may be a bit small

I'm also going to share a few makeup looks I did with my new makeup so you can see them in action! ^^;


I don't remember the exact shades I used but the first one was made mostly with the Ooh La La palette, the second one with Ooh LaLa and Blue Moon palettes and the third one with Lilac You A Lot palette. ~

So I hope you enjoyed my review! ^^; I mostly recommend Colourpop for their eyeshadow palettes and their lipsticks but they are quite nice for when you want to experiment with makeup but you want something affordable! ~

Until next time my sweet strawberry milkshakes, take care and stay safe! :3

No comments:

Post a Comment