Welcome. ♥

~ Petite Tomoyo ~

Frilly squishy Princess, forever a magical girl,
whimsical lost artist, mischievous but friendly witch...
Proud Lifestyle & Daily Lolita since the last decade.
Wishes she can live forever on tea and cake.
Keeping her eyes sparkling, making her soul blooming. *

Nice to meet you. ~
Welcome in my secret garden. ♥

Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Lolita Blog Carnival! ~ How Do You Keep Your Love For The Fashion Alive Without Meets/In-Person Events?

 Hello my wonderfully sweet s'mores! :3

I'm back on my blog today after a bit of a hiatus with something I haven't done in a while; A Lolita Blog Carnival post! ^w^ I'm a little bit late on this one as it was supposed to be the one from last week but I was still very inspired about it so that's why I wanted to participate anyway! ~

The subject for this time was...

How Do You Keep Your Love For The Fashion Alive Without Meets/In-Person Events? ~

Firstly, I wanted to say that I had a lot of trouble with that at the beginning of the lockdown and I was struggling to find a way to still enjoy the fashion on a regular basis and also connect with my local community... But as the months went by I discovered some ways to enjoy the fashion despite the current state of the world and I'll share them today! :3

~ Dress up at home for no reason at all! ~

Probably the one thing that helped me the most during the pandemic! I used to be one of those "daily" Lolitas who would only dress up when I had an occasion to do so; run an errand, for work or to meet up with friends. This year, I really tried to challenge those thoughts that I couldn't dress up just for a casual day at home because it wasn't worth it... Because in the end, it is worthy! ~ I started to practice my makeups skills pretty much on the daily because I would do my makeup to stay at home just for fun! ^w^ I learned new techniques and what worked and didn't work for me! I also tried new ways of coordinating my outfits in a more casual way and that gave me a new perspective about my closet too! :3

~ Connect with the Lolita communities online, via social media or with snail mail! ~

This year, I really started to follow a bunch of different Lolitas on social media for inspiration and also to try to still have a sense of community without Lolita meetups! I discovered so many new instagram accounts, blogs and youtube channels and it's always nice to have new and fresh content to explore! ~ I also tried my best to stay in touch with my local community via social media and to give them some prompts to share about Lolita fashion together! :3 Finally, one of our local community members had the idea to do a little snail mail exchange for the Holidays together! ^w^ I thought it was such a wonderful idea and it's very lifestyle Lolita indeed! ~

~ One on one meetups/videochats with Lolita friends! ~

I enjoyed a couple of occasions to dress up and meet up one on one with some of the members from our local community this summer when the situation was a bit more calm in my area! ^w^ I thought it was nice because, unlike me, most of the other members in our local community aren't daily or lifestyle Lolitas and are too shy to dress up on their own when there's no meetups or special occasions! We also had a couple of remote Tea Parties and gaming nights via videochat and it was nice to be able to see everyone, chat and catch up! :3

~ Incorporate Lifestyle Lolita elements into your daily lives! ~

Another thing that really helped me a lot into keeping my Lolita spirits up! ^w^ I was always a lifestyle Lolita so most of the time I would already incorporate these things into my daily life anyway... But during the pandemic I started to reconnect with some lifestyle things I had pushed aside in the past years; Having tea in my very fancy antique teacups, listening to classical music, reading for pleasure, enjoying a long skin care and bath ritual, etc... I would pretty much always try to do that to an extent but recently I made sure to incorporate even more lifestyle Lolita elements into my daily life and be even more mindful and extra about it! ^w^ Honestly, it also helped me to feel happier and more productive during these hard times! ~

And you, how do you keep your love for Lolita fashion alive with the recent events? Share your thoughts in the comments, I would love to hear about it! ~

Also, please don't forget to take a look at the other people that participated to this Lolita Blog Carnival along with me and so give them some love! :3



Until next time my shiny pinky pearls, stay safe and take care! ^w^ <3

2 comments:

  1. I keep my love for lolita alive mostly buying things for my lifestyle (or sewing them); wearing lolita at home sometimes and interacting on Instagram. Lately my favorite pastime is to look at old lolita photos on Tumblr to get inspired, it is so fun! I am not very communicative at all, and I always ended up alone on meetups, so I got used to being alone, and don't get bothered with not being able to go to meets. I miss going places, but going places with my husband, or even alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww I totally understand that! ^^ I was a lone Lolita for a while so I didn't understand the appeal of meetups until I created my own local community. ~

      Delete