Welcome. ♥

~ Petite Tomoyo ~

Frilly squishy Princess, forever a magical girl,
whimsical lost artist, mischievous but friendly witch...
Proud Lifestyle & Daily Lolita since the last decade.
Wishes she can live forever on tea and cake.
Keeping her eyes sparkling, making her soul blooming. *

Nice to meet you. ~
Welcome in my secret garden. ♥

Sunday, February 16, 2020

Anime Review! ~ Sanrio Danshi!

Hello my lovely heart shaped chocolates! :3

Today I am back on my blog with something I haven't done in a little while, an anime review! ^w^

The anime I'm going to review today is; Sanrio Danshi! I wanted to review this anime because I really enjoyed it even if it wasn't my usual style of anime and I wanted to share my feelings about it! XD;

As usual, I'll try my best to make it spoiler free! :3

~ Sanrio Danshi! ~


Sanrio Danshi or Sanrio Boys is a slice of life/school life anime that aired in Winter 2018! It's a 12 episodes anime. ~

Story

The story centers about Kouta, a high school boy that used to like Pompompurin when he was younger. One day as he discovers that some other highschool boys like Sanrio characters too, he connect back with his love of the character and cute things in general. We follow mainly his story but also the backstory and life of 4 others boys who each like a different Sanrio character and by the middle of the season they join together in a sweet "Sanrio Boys" squad and do stuff together. ~

I think that the story in itself is nicely put together. In the first half of the series you follow Kouta backstory for a couple episodes and after that there is the backstory of each of the boys and their relation with their specific Sanrio character. You learn to know about them bit by bit and it's nicely paced. The second half of the series is more centered about their dynamic as a group, their relations together and their journey toward an event they decided to do together. :3

Art

For me, the art is probably one of weakest point of the anime. It's not necessarily bad but it's not an art style that I am used to personally. The backgrounds are often quite minimal. I also think that the character expressions are sometime lacking in intensity, especially their eyes... There is also these times where they put the emphasis on something by making a little "frame" of the action in the animation. It was interesting in itself but I personally didn't really like it as it's not something I am used to and I found it more distracting than anything else... XD;

Sound

The opening/ending weren't that impressive to me, they were nice but a bit generic. Same thing with the music used through the anime, they didn't stood out particularly to me... The character voices were fitting nicely, none of them were grating and they suited their specific character personalities.

Characters

To me, the characters and especially the character development is the main reason I liked that anime and I wanted to review it! XD; Each of them have such unique and complex personalities, it was so nice to see their story unfold in the beginning of the series. They all have their personal story linked to their favourite Sanrio character and it was so sweet and nice to see them talk about it and being emotional about it! ;o; I also thought that the moral each of them show in their specific personal story are so, so important!

Enjoyment

I really enjoyed the anime overall! I never thought I would like it that much (even if it was about something as cute as Sanrio) because the art style isn't so cute and bubbly. Even with that, the show in itself isn't too overly sweet either! I usually don't watch a lot of anime that have more boy characters than girls because I usually don't relate to it as much and they are usually less complex but Sanrio Boys proved me wrong. XD;

Also, it made me realize that we shouldn't ever be ashamed of something that bring us joy or that helps us thrive in our daily life... And I already knew that but that show made such an impact on me in that department that I really recommend it if you struggle with self-affirmation and self-confidence. :3


Overall I give Sanrio Danshi a rating of 9 out of 10!

I hope you enjoyed my review of Sanrio Boys! I can't wait to do some other anime reviews in the near future, I really love doing those! :3

Until next time my fluffy purple sheeps, take care! ~

No comments:

Post a Comment