Welcome. ♥

~ Petite Tomoyo ~

Frilly squishy Princess, forever a magical girl,
whimsical lost artist, mischievous but friendly witch...
Proud Lifestyle & Daily Lolita since the last decade.
Wishes she can live forever on tea and cake.
Keeping her eyes sparkling, making her soul blooming. *

Nice to meet you. ~
Welcome in my secret garden. ♥

Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Anime Review! ~ Princess Tutu!

Hello my lovely pink crystals! :3

I'm back on my blog today to share with you a review of an anime I finished pretty recently; Princess Tutu! ^w^ As usual I will try to make it as spoiler free as I can! ~

Princess Tutu


Princess Tutu is a 26 episodes anime that aired back in 2002-2003. It aired in two parts; one that was 13 episodes of 25 minutes and another part with 24 12 minutes episodes and a final 25 minutes episode. It may be confusing depending on where you watch it it may have been listed as a 38 episode anime. ~

Story

The story is about a girl named Ahiru, which is technically a duck. She was given a pendant that makes her transform into both a human girl and Princess Tutu. Her mission is to save the people from their "bad emotions" and collect the shattered pieces of the Prince's heart to make him feel whole and makes him feel his emotions again.

The story may look overly romantic and simple when worded like that, but it have so many different layers to it. Some of the earlier episodes are heavily based around the theme of stories like Cinderella or Hansel and Gretel which makes them pretty interesting to watch. Some of the characters are animals and not humans and nobody is batting an eye at it. There is some humor, there is some romance (but not that much compared to what I was expecting), there is some deep sad elements that I found very moving and relatable... Don't be scared by the silly name of the anime and the weird premise, it really unfolds a lovely deep and complex story. ~

Art

I do enjoy an "old-school" anime that ages well, and Princess Tutu delivers it completely in that area. The characters look beautiful with their big sparkly round eyes. The animations/dancing is beautifully animated and lovely. But the main point that made me love the art so much is how ethereal everything look and feels. It really adds something to the story. The backgrounds are messy and dreamy and they are just so beautiful. ~ There was also quite a lot of muted colours which would usually bother me but it did fit the story very well and I loved it! :3

Sound

The soundtrack was especially dreamy and fitting with the art and the story. Both the opening and the ending are very fitting to the anime, classical and dramatic, I loved them! There is quite a lot of classical music playing while they dance and in the story in general and you can easily recognize the songs like the Nutcracker suite or Swan Lake! ~ I also looooved Edel-san theme with her little music box thingy. :3

Characters

I think that the characters are both the best point and the weakest point in the anime... While some of them, really did have some amazing development and you can feel that they changed their whole point of view and softened their personality in the course of the anime... Some others kind of stay unidimensional... It wouldn't bother me that much if it was some side characters who were there only for the comic relief; but I feel like one of the main characters (who I'm not going to name because I want to keep it spoiler free XD) didn't have as much development and I found it quite weird considering their role in the story... ;w; That is what made me kind of hate the ending, even if it's supposed to be a happy one because I think that the characters that fought so hard to get what they wanted didn't get what they would deserve... XD; And because of that the ending seemed a bit overly simplified and rushed to me. ;w;

Enjoyment

As you may probably tell I really enjoyed the anime! From the art to the soundtrack and the amazing story. ~ I couldn't get enough of it even if some parts were so relatable it made my skin crawl a bit... ^w^'' I think that a good anime should always make you laugh, surprise you and also make you cry and Princess Tutu made me feel all of that! ~

Sadly, I cannot bring myself to give it more than a 9 out of 10 because of the ending which made me a bit salty... XD;


Overall I give Princess Tutu a rating of 9 out of 10! ~

I hope you enjoyed my little anime review! ^w^ I really enjoy doing those and I really should write them more often! ~

Until next time my lovely dewy blue roses, take care! :3

No comments:

Post a Comment