Welcome. ♥

~ Petite Tomoyo ~

Frilly squishy Princess, forever a magical girl,
whimsical lost artist, mischievous but friendly witch...
Proud Lifestyle & Daily Lolita since the last decade.
Wishes she can live forever on tea and cake.
Keeping her eyes sparkling, making her soul blooming. *

Nice to meet you. ~
Welcome in my secret garden. ♥

Wednesday, May 26, 2021

52 Weeks of Lolita! ~ How strict are you in applying the rules to yourself? To others?

Hello my little Shortcakes! ^w^

Today, I'm back on my blog again with another prompt from the 52 Weeks of Lolita challenge! ~ This time, the subject is...

How strict are you in applying the rules to yourself? To others?

Honestly, this subject is very interesting for me because I've been into Lolita fashion for almost 12 years now and sometimes the longer people are into the fashion, the more flexible they are with "The Rules"! Often they will try to be much more experimental with the fashion; Mixing "normie" elements with their outfits or trying to mix different styles with Lolita fashion! And most of the time, they are doing it so nicely and beautifully, I am admiring them so much for that! ~

But, for me personally I really love some kind of "cookie cutter" coordinates! ^w^'' I genuinely love when everything matches perfectly; the colours, the theme and the textures! I am not someone that does experiment with Lolita fashion that much, at least not as much as other more experienced Lolitas does!

So overall I think that for me I really like to stick to the rules when it comes to Lolita fashion! The only "Rule" I've been trying to bypass lately have been animal ears with Lolita fashion, simply because I like it so much! :3 Whenever I see a themed coordinate, I feel like it's been something that is much more acceptable lately! ^w^

Now, for others... I've always been someone that is more into the "let people do whatever they want" mindset! XD; But, of course if someone is trying to put together a proper Lolita outfit, I think it's better if they stick to the "Rules" and try to do at least a handful or proper outfits before they go into the experimenting route! Especially if their goal is to be a proper Lolita, that is! :3

But other than that, I really like seeing more experimental coordinates from other people! ~ I love seeing the creativity of other people with their outfits in the fashion and it's something I really admire a lot, even if it's not something I would do myself! ^w^

And you; how strict are you with the Lolita rules? :3 Tell me about it in the comments! ~

Until next time my little Shortcakes, please stay safe and take care! <3

2 comments:

  1. I think I have a point of view very similar to yours :) I don't mind people doing whatever they want, but as for me, I usually stick to the rules and I never try something more ott or experiment too much with the fashion. I like dressing simple and wearing more casual/daily coords. Of course OTT coords are very beautiful, but I can't imagine myself putting that level of detail on my coords, it is so much work haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! ^w^'' I remember when I used to dress up more OTT during my college years and it was kind of hard to do it everyday... ><'' I still love dressing up more OTT but nowadays my style is very much a mix between that and casual! ~

      Delete