Welcome. ♥

~ Petite Tomoyo ~

Frilly squishy Princess, forever a magical girl,
whimsical lost artist, mischievous but friendly witch...
Proud Lifestyle & Daily Lolita since the last decade.
Wishes she can live forever on tea and cake.
Keeping her eyes sparkling, making her soul blooming. *

Nice to meet you. ~
Welcome in my secret garden. ♥

Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Tokyo Treat Box Review! ~ August 2020!

Hello my sweet lilac flowers! ~

I'm back on my blog today with another Tokyo Treat Box review, this time it's the most recent one; August! ^^;

They changed their shipping method this time and the box came so fast! I think it took like 3 or 4 business days to get to me which is awesome! :3

This month the theme of the box was Natsu Yasumi which means Summer Vacations! ^^; I was so excited to discover these summer snacks! ~


Here was everything from the box this month! :3

So as usual I'll review them items one by one as I was trying them with the Prince! ^^;

~ Cocoa Bolo Bites ~


It kinda taste like Nesquick cereal but much less sweet and a little bit more fancy? It's very crunchy and the taste of cocoa is very present but it doesn't taste cheap at all!

~ Bubbly Taiyaki: Watermelon Chocolate ~


The watermelon chocolate was very good! The wafer is light and airy, it paired very well with the bubbly chocolate! ^^; A very interesting snack!

~ Ramune Hi-Chew ~


I really love Hi-Chew, it's one of my favourite Japanese candy! ^^; This one had some little bits of Ramune inside of it that would melt as you chew! Both of the flavours were really delicious and the texture was really interesting! :3

~ Setouchi Sea Salt and Lemon Rice Crackers ~


The texture was very interesting and crunchy! The taste of lemon was very faint and a little bit sweet. They tasted very fancy! ^^ The flavour was subtle but really complex and nice! :3 It tasted even better as we ate more, I can't get enough of it! OwO

~ Yaokin Crunchy Brown Sugar Snack ~


I remember having that snack before in another box! ^^; It was light and airy! The brown sugar coating tasted like molasses or very dark brown sugar, much more flavourful than the brown sugar here! The sugar coating was thicker than what I remembered but it was tasty! ~

~ KitKat Salt Lychee ~


The white chocolate was creamy and rich, so good! Lychee is one of my favourite flavours so I was very excited to try these! ~ The lychee taste was out of this world, very complex with the touch of salt in it too! It's not too sweet but it's very flavourful! :3 It may become my favourite KitKat! ^^

~ Spicy Fried Edamame ~


The texture was crunchy and nice, kind of like a peanut? The taste was very nutty and good though! ^^ It was spicy but not too much (and that comes from someone who cannot handle spicy food! XD). I feel like this would be good with a fruity beer! ^^

~ Pure Gummy Pikachu ~


The packaging is so cute omg! ;3; The taste was very summery and refreshing! ^^ It tasted like pineapple and banana mostly, it was a bit sour at first too because of the coating on the gummy... ^^'' The gummy was a little bit softer than what I thought but it was good anyway! ~

~ General Shrimp ~


The taste and smell of shrimp was... Very present... XD; It didn't taste very good because the taste of seafood was too overwhelming... It also smelled kind of bad and weird... XD; I don't recommend this snack lol...

~ Sour Lemon Gum ~


It was so sour!! XD; The gum wasn't very chewy, it was more soft than the gum I am used to... After a couple of minutes the sour taste would faint. ~

~ Soccer Scratch Mints ~


There was just a single mint inside this packaging... It was funny because there was kind of a scratching card inside of the packaging? XD; The mint didn't taste like mint at all? It had a faint taste of sugar but no particular flavour? It wasn't really good and a little boring... ^^''

~ Umaibo Rings Sugar Rusk ~


It smelled and tasted like... Buttered french toast? It smelled so good and buttery! The texture was light, crunchy and amazing! The flavour was really unique, something I never tasted before but it was really an amazing taste! ^w^ Now I crave for more... ;w;''

~ Yakisoba Snack ~


We had this kind of snack in a box before! ^^ It tasted salty but not too much. It also tasted a bit like BBQ sauce? I feel like it's Tonkatsu sauce though... A nice crunchy and light snack!

~ Oranda Rice Cracker ~


The texture was nice, light but crunchy! ~ The flavour of grilled rice was very good! It was a bit salty too. Very yummy! ^^

~ Coca-Cola Vanilla Orange ~


The flavour combo was really nice and interesting! ^^ The orange and vanilla mixed well together and the cola isn't too sweet either! ~

~ Umaibo Tonkatsu Sauce Flavour ~


I already had that type of Umaibo several times before! ^^ The flavour is a bit spicy and tangy, I really like it! And the texture was really nice too, yum!

~ Caramel Corn Snack ~


This one kind of tasted like the Umaibo Sugar Rusk? The flavour was really similar! The sweet and salty taste was so good though!! I wish I could have another bag... ;w;

This time, the Prince and I decided to do a Top 5 instead of a Top 3 because... There was too many things we liked... XD;

Tomoyo's Top 5
~ Umaibo Rings Sugar Rusk
~ KitKat Salt Lychee
~ Ramune Hi-Chew
~ Bubbly Taiyaki Watermelon Chocolate
~ Setouchi Sea Salt and Lemon Rice Crackers

Prince's Top 5
~ Umaibo Rings Sugar Rusk
~ KitKat Salt Lychee
~ Bubbly Taiyaki Watermelon Chocolate
~ Setouchi Sea Salt and Lemon Rice Crackers
~ Spicy Fried Edamame

So I hope you enjoyed my little Tokyo Treat review even if I did one not so long ago haha! ^^; I really enjoy doing these! ~

Until next time my precious periwinkle candies, stay safe and take care! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment