Welcome. ♥

~ Petite Tomoyo ~

Frilly squishy Princess, forever a magical girl,
whimsical lost artist, mischievous but friendly witch...
Proud Lifestyle & Daily Lolita since the last decade.
Wishes she can live forever on tea and cake.
Keeping her eyes sparkling, making her soul blooming. *

Nice to meet you. ~
Welcome in my secret garden. ♥

Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Anime Review! ~ Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon!

Hello my sweet caramel ice cream cones! :3

I knew I said that I was going to get back on my posting schedule on my blog last week but I was so busy preparing my panels and my Pokémon team for our local Pokemon league for the SagGeek next weekend that I completely forgot to take some time for blogging... ^w^''

However, I am back on my blog today with an anime review! ~ I watched that anime back in March/April and I really wanted to write a review for it so here we are today! :3

Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon


Maid Dragon is an anime of 13 episodes (plus a special one) that aired in 2017. ~ I watched the first episode of the series at the anime club but I finished it at home with the Prince! ^w^

Story

The story is about the life of Kobayashi-san and her dragon maid, Tohru, that she invited to work at her house. Tohru than presented her her other dragon friends from the other world and try to get used to as the life on earth much as she can... But her kind of tragic past came to crawl up on her more quickly than she thought... OwO

This anime is kind of paced like a slice of life anime which is something that I liked for such a short anime. They didn't have much place for the story development so they kept it quite simple and easy to follow. I didn't expect it to like it quite as much, but the end bits and the backstory are quite something. It may seem like a cute slice of life anime with a cute maid dragon girl and her friends but it is really powerful and it have such nice messages and themes in the end. ~

Art

The drawings were very pretty and quite usual and fitting for that type of anime. I personally think that this anime will age pretty well since it have quite a "regular" drawing style. There are a few more dynamic actions scenes in the anime and I thought that they were nicely animated and very "flowy" for what they were! ~

Sound

The voice of the characters were mostly fitting. They had a nice charisma and expression in their voice and none of them seemed off to me. The background music was nice and easily recognizable depending of the vibes of the scenes and the situations. The opening and ending songs were very catchy and entertaining! ^w^

Characters

I loved the characters and I thought that some of them were very relatable, at least for me! I personally didn't expect this much character development in such a short and light anime. On some episodes I would smile, cry and laugh in the same episode! TwT The characters were so well written and had kind of a profound side to their personalities. It's not the case for every character but the main ones are really well developed through the pace of the anime which is something I appreciated a lot! :3

Enjoyment

I really enjoyed this anime! ~ I thought at first that would be a light and heartwarming anime with cute characters and humour... But I was pleasantly surprised with deeper themes and some nice character development through the anime and I didn't expect it at all! :3


Overall, I give Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon a rating of 10 out of 10!

I hope you liked my little anime review! :3 There is at least another one that I have planned and I am currently watching shorter animes so expect some more anime reviews in the near future! ~

Until next time my cute purple glittery bows, take care! :3

No comments:

Post a Comment