Welcome. ♥

~ Petite Tomoyo ~

Frilly squishy Princess, forever a magical girl,
whimsical lost artist, mischievous but friendly witch...
Proud Lifestyle & Daily Lolita since the last decade.
Wishes she can live forever on tea and cake.
Keeping her eyes sparkling, making her soul blooming. *

Nice to meet you. ~
Welcome in my secret garden. ♥

Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Anime Review! ~ Love Live! School Idol Project & Love Live! Sunshine!!

Hello my sweet strawberry macarons! ^w^

I'm back on my blog today with not only one, but two anime reviews! ~ Since both series kind of go hand in hand, I decided to review them both at the same time and kind of comparing them. :3 As usual, I'll try to not reveal any big spoilers of the series!

I also want to add that I watched Love Live! School Idol Project last year so it may not be that fresh in my mind, but I'll try my best! ^w^

Love Live! School Idol Project


Love Live! School Idol Project is an anime of 2 seasons of 13 episodes each. There is also a movie after the second season and a few OAVs, specials and recaps too. I watched them all! ^w^

Story

The story is about a girl, Honoka, that learn that her school is going to be closing soon because of the few number of new students and inscriptions. She came across a school idol group, A-RISE, and she decided to create her own school idol group to make her school more popular and save it from closing. In the second season, their main goals is also to win the Love Live idol competition. For both of the seasons, I thought that their main goals and motivations to achieve them were very well developed. I really was looking forward each episode and the ending of both of the seasons left us with a nice closure to the seasons, up to our expectations!

Art

The art is simply lovely! The girls expressions were always extra cute, super soft and delicate, very moe! ^w^ The backgrounds is sometimes lacking a few details but I think it's an artistic choice to add to the dreamy and soft feeling of the anime, it's not something that bothered me. I also really liked the animations for their dances which are very impressive!

Sound

The openings and endings were very catchy and represented very well the cute and cheerful feeling of the anime in general. The background music supported the more important scenes from the anime and they were well thought out. I also think their voices suited their personality very well too, but I thought that some of the characters had kind of similar voices tone, which bothered me a bit.

Characters

Most of the main characters were made to be relatable, they were mostly not boring and had their own personality quirks which made them very lovely and unique. However, I think Rin and Hanayo were really too similar in terms of personality and style. I think it's kind of hard to tell them apart and I really feel like they added nothing new or special to the group, which felt kind of sad because I really wanted to like them all... ;w;

Enjoyment

I really enjoyed the Love Live! School Idol Project series, especially for the characters but also for the story, which is very strong and very well developed trough the episodes. The songs were super catchy and nice which made me enjoy the anime even more! ^w^ I liked the first season a bit more than the second one because I thought that the story was better and more packed with emotions and anticipation. ~


Overall, I give Love Live! School Idol Project a rating of 9 out of 10!

Now, onto Love Live! Sunshine!! that I finished watching last week! ^w^

Love Live! Sunshine!!


Love Live! Sunshine!! is an anime of 2 seasons of 13 episodes each. There was also a recap of the first season and there is a movie that is announced for the future!

Story

The premise of the story is kind of similar to the first Love Live series. Chika, a girl that never had interest for any clubs decided to start her own school idol club at her school with the help of her childhood friend. Her school is also announced to close and merge with another school if they don't have more inscriptions for the next year, which motivate her even more to raise the popularity of her school. I must admit that I thought that the main plot for this series would be a bit stronger and more meaningful and developed. The second season was a little bit stronger in terms of developpement but I really think the first season lacked closure.

Art

The art style is kind of similar to the first Love Live series. However some of their expressions, especially when they were talking, kind of bothered me as they looked a bit forced and not so cute... I thought that the backgrounds were much brighter, prettier and livelier. Their dances were also very beautifully animated, their dances were better looking overall than the ones from the first series.

Sound

The opening and ending songs weren't as catchy as the first series I think, but they were nice nonetheless. The background music, as the first series, really put an emphasis of certain parts of the anime, which was even more meaningful I think than the first series. The characters have also all their very distinctive voices, tone and speech quirks which is always a plus for me!

Characters

It's rare that I really appreciate all the main characters from a series, but Love Live! Sunshine!! really gained a lot of points from me for that. Each of them have very strong and likable personalities, each of them very super charming. The characters were so nicely developed that you could actually kind of predict how they would act depending of the situation.

Enjoyment

Love Live! Sunshine!! have really strong points like the character developpement and the beautiful and bright backgrounds. Sadly, the ending of the first season was kind of a letdown for me. I would be very angry to know that the season ended like that without knowing that there was a second season. The second season ending was better, but it doesn't compensate for the horrible ending from the first season. XD;


Overall I give Love Live! Sunshine!! a rating of 8 out of 10!

I hope you enjoyed my little anime review! I really enjoy watching anime and writing reviews for them on my blog, it gives me the motivation to actually finish the series I want to watch! ^w^''

Until next time my squishy kitten toe beans! :3

No comments:

Post a Comment